- Admiration is defined as the act of adoring or loving.
An example of admiration is the look in the eyes of a couple in love.
- The definition of an admiration is a person or thing being adored or loved.
An example of an admiration is a talented Olympian.
- the act of admiring
- the sense of wonder, delight, and pleased approval inspired by anything fine, skillful, beautiful, etc.
- a thing or person inspiring such feelings
- Archaic the act of wondering
Origin of admirationMiddle English admiracion from Classical Latin admiratio from admirari: see admire
- A feeling of strong approval or delight with regard to someone or something: the students' admiration for their teacher. See Synonyms at regard.
- The state of being viewed with such approval or delight: an actor held in admiration by her peers.
- The object of such approval and delight: a movie that was the admiration of many critics.
- Archaic The action of wondering; marveling.