- a person or thing that calls
- a person who makes a short visit
- fresh: said of food
- fresh and cool, as a breeze
Origin of callerMScot, variant, variety of Middle English caloure, calver, fresh (of fish) ; from uncertain or unknown; perhaps
- One that calls, especially a party placing a telephone call.
- A person paying a short social visit.
- A person who calls out numbers or directions, as at a bingo game or a square dance.
- Cool and refreshing.
Origin of callerMiddle English calour, alteration of calver.
- The person who made a telephone call.
- - I've got someone on the line.
- - Who's the caller?
- A visitor.
- a gentleman caller
- (bingo) The person who stands at the front of the hall and announces the numbers.
- (computing, programming) The function that calls another (the callee).
- A whistle or similar item used to call foxes.
Agent noun of call.