When you find religion and are rescued from your previous evil ways and set free on a path to pursue faith, this is an example of deliverance.
- a setting free; rescue or release
- the fact or state of being freed
- an opinion, judgment, etc. formally or publicly expressed
Origin of deliveranceMiddle English deliveraunce: see deliver and amp; -ance
- The act of delivering or the condition of being delivered.
- Rescue from bondage or danger.
- A publicly expressed opinion or judgment, such as the verdict of a jury.
From Old French deliverance (French délivrance), from delivrer + -ance