A foot is an extremity.
An example of an extremity is a foot.
- the outermost or utmost point or part; end
- the greatest degree
- a state of extreme necessity, danger, etc.
- Archaic the end of life; dying
- an extreme measure; severe or strong action: usually used in pl.
- a body limb
- the hands and feet
Origin of extremityMiddle English and amp; Old French extremite ; from Classical Latin extremitas ; from extremus: see extreme
- The outermost or farthest point or portion: at the extremity of the peninsula.
- The greatest or utmost degree: the extremity of despair.
- Grave danger, necessity, or distress: people in extremity.
- An extreme or severe measure: had to resort to extremities in the crisis.
- a. A bodily limb: She is in a wheelchair because of weakness of the lower extremities.b. extremities The hands and feet: Frostbite affects the extremities first.