- The definition of a gull is a shorebird in the family Laridae, or a person who is easily tricked.
- An example of a gull is a seagull.
- An example of a gull is a person who always falls for tricks.
- Gull is defined as to trick.
An example of gull is to pull a senior prank in school.
Origin of gullMiddle English ; from Celt, as in Cornish gullan, Welsh gwylan, Breton gwelan
Origin of gullMiddle English gulle, silly fellow, literally , unfledged bird ; from gul, yellow ; from Old Norse gulr, akin to goll, gold
Origin of gullMiddle English gulle, possibly of Brythonic origin.
transitive verbgulled, gull·ing, gulls
Origin of gullProbably from gull, to swallow (obsolete), from Middle English golen, to pretend to swallow, from gole, throat, perhaps from Old French goule; see gullet.
- (soccer) A player, supporter or other person connected with Torquay United Football Club.