- characterized or moving by jerks; making sudden starts and stops or spasmodic movements
- ⌂ Slang foolish, mean, contemptible, etc.
Origin of jerkySpanish charquí: see charqui
Origin of jerkyAlteration of charqui.
- Characterized by jerks or jerking: a jerky train ride.
- Slang Foolish; silly: jerky ideas about saving money.
(comparative jerkier, superlative jerkiest)
- Characterized by physical jerking.
(countable and uncountable, plural jerkies)
- Lean meat cured and preserved by cutting into thin strips and air-drying in the sun.